Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Upping the knit ante


















I worked on the knitwear for the collection with Susana Bettencourt, an accomplished knitwear designer in her own right with celebrity fans including Lady Gaga and Sarah Harding! You can see more of her work here.

It was so exciting to take her some of the woven samples I had created along with a few cones of yarn and hear her endless possibilities! What had initially been a couple of key knitwear basics (cardigans, slouchy sweaters) became about developing a successful translation of my constructed story into knit.

I should probably take this opportunity to say I have been working in the luxury knitwear sector for nearly two years, hence my love of the technique. But as all of our sampling and production is completed in Italy, I have little understanding about the processes involved when considering my own work. This has been such an exciting learning curve and I will save the final reveal of the chosen technique for a little later!



No comments:

Post a Comment