Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Stamping Feet





Feet stamping, quite literally was what I had to do to convince my tutor that I wanted flat, masculine shoes to style with my collection. Now don't get me wrong, I was never going to budge on this one and I believe it is important to stand up for your creative vision when you feel passionate about something. Nonetheless I wanted him to realise that I was right after all.

So I spent weeks lusting after a pair of white studded Louboutin bad boys (Roller Girl, you've almost definitely seen them and craved them if your a flats girl like me). I asked Mr. Louboutin's PR very nicely if I could borrow 8 pairs for my show, queue a polite no. Fast forward to a week before the holy grail that is Show Selection and shoe panic commenced. As I sat with my finger poised to purchase some River Island bargains my good friend and menswear designer Kit Neale jumped on Ebay and found me the perfect beauties. So thanks go to Mr. Neale and also online store Jungle Surplus Army Clothing for accommodating my bizarre request for 8 pairs of genuine German Navy Deck shoes!

P.S Sadly Jungle's Covent Garden store is no longer in existence but an insider told me that Princess Di was once a customer!


No comments:

Post a Comment